Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynch4

Error code 84 - 90214, NA, NA

CRA Result Code: 84
#90214 - Your software generated information to support line 21400, Child care expenses, that is not valid. Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. 

I found an old manual about NETFILE that indicated this:

An entry was made for number of children under 7 years of age at field 9902, or for the
amount of child care expenses for children under the age of 7 at field 9903 and/or for number
of children ages 7 to 16 at field 9904, but no entry was made for child care expenses at
field 214.

However, as I don't have access to the raw data being sent I can't figure out where to correct this information. The information entered about child care expenses is correct as best as I can tell.

3 Replies
JWKim
Returning Member

You can simply go to the T1 jacket, on line 21400 and see if that line is populated (an amount on that line is required in this case)

The amount on line 21400 should come from the form T778.

If that line is not populated, try to review the section where you entered the child care expense and see if tweaking the answer to some questions populate this line 21400.

Lynch4

There is indeed an amount $0.85 on that line, which I have no idea where it came from. There should not be anything on that line - all the child care deductions got claimed on the other return.

How do I find form T778?

I tried to tweak the child care expenses but nothing happened.

Open your return and scroll down to Deductions on the left hand side and click on Child Care Expenses. You will then be able to click on edit or delete - If you see the amount of .85 then click on delete and continue to save your changes.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.