Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huby

error - You must ensure that you have entered information in either Part A or Part B of Form T1135, as applicable.

hi 

When trying to file the taxes for  my son who is a new student - I  am getting 2 errors which need fixing before NETFILE

ERROR 1 TO FIX - You must ensure that you have entered information in either Part A or Part B of Form T1135, as applicable.

ERROR 2 TO FIX - You must select a method you used to complete the T1135 information. 

This is surprising since my kid is just a first year student and has no property to enter for FormT1135.

Please help fix and let me know.

Regards,

1 Reply

error - You must ensure that you have entered information in either Part A or Part B of Form T1135, as applicable.

To try to resolve this issue, please select "My Info", then "Personal Tax Profile for [Son]" from the left side menu . Then click “Edit” next to “Your home and other property”. Answer “No”, to the question “[Son], did you own or hold specified foreign property where the total cost amount of all such property, at any time in 2022, was more than $100,000 CAD?”. Click “Continue” to save your changes, and then try to file again.

If you are still not able to resolve your issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.