Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed an error but it is still showing up and preventing filing

You are very welcome.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

I am also having the same problem as everyone else. I am 71 andI rent. I am getting an error from Netfile for 2022 that there is an error. It say

To apply for the Ontario Senior Homeowner's Property Tax Grant, you must enter the amount of property tax paid in the current year

When I return to that box and ensure it is accurate as rent which is an option I am still getting an error and telling me to fix it. I am getting a very large refund which will help me financially. This is obviously a software error. The other comments were from previous years but I was able to file every year. Further, I have already paid you! Please fix

If you are using TurboTax Download Go into FORMS mode, searched and open the ONBEN form, then from menu: Go to Edit->Forms->Clear Current Form and  then Edit->Forms->Close Unused Forms". From here you can go back to EasySteps and file your return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hi,

Yes, this is the solution but Turbotax (same with 2022 version) when asking you to fix the problem does not go to the ON-BEN page so there is no way to fix it under the Review mode.  you have to as posted navigate to the proper page.

ThatTimeAgain
Returning Member

I have the same problem!

@ThatTimeAgain If you are using TurboTax Download Go into FORMS mode, searched and open the ONBEN form, then from menu: Go to Edit->Forms->Clear Current Form and  then Edit->Forms->Close Unused Forms". From here you can go back to EasySteps and file your return.

tullicarm
Returning Member

I am having the same problem. The 2023 Program has a major defect.  I need to file Quebec taxes and I am prevented from filing because the program never prompts or directs where to enter the 2022 Notice of Assessment Number.    Without entering this number it is absolutely impossible to file Quebec Taxes.  There is nothing in their help menu that answers how to address this issue.  Does anyone know a way to fix this???

tullicarm
Returning Member

Is there ANYONE from Turbo tax that actually helps to solve program issues.

It seems that if no one on this forum has a fix then you are out of luck!

The program is missing a prompt to enter the Quebec assessment number in order to file the taxes.

I'm never buying this program again after 30 years of using it!  There used to be a number to call.  Now all you get is a recorded message directing you to this website and the solution is nowhere in the list of topics.

Can you please contact our phone support team who can view your return to see the issue. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am using the 2023 Home and Business Turbo Tax and am experiencing the EXACT same error.  I am not able to fix the error as I have NOT selected the Ontario senior homeowners property tax grant.   WHAT IS HAPPENING!!

You have chosen to apply for the Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant but do not meet the age requirement of being at lea...