Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete a form opened by error? It is preventing me from Netfiling.

I am unable to Netfile due to a T776 Rental Form  error message which states:  "REMOVE the percentage of partnership if you were the sole owner of a business or rental property."     

I've tried "close unused forms" -  no joy!!!  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you are not using that T776 form, you will need to remove any information which is on it.

While in the Forms View of TurboTax which you have installed in your computer, navigate to that T776 form which is causing the problem. Do so by going to the Forms Lookup, type in T776, and choose the one which has an asterisk (*) next to it. Then click on Edit (at the top above the toolbar), Forms and "Clear Current Form". This should remove everything that is on that T776. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you are not using that T776 form, you will need to remove any information which is on it.

While in the Forms View of TurboTax which you have installed in your computer, navigate to that T776 form which is causing the problem. Do so by going to the Forms Lookup, type in T776, and choose the one which has an asterisk (*) next to it. Then click on Edit (at the top above the toolbar), Forms and "Clear Current Form". This should remove everything that is on that T776. 

kedmunds

I have done that and it still will not let me remove it or netfile - the sin # cannot be removed and it keeps asking for an address that I do not have....

MN2021
Returning Member

I have the same error and cannot remove the T776(1) Form.  This form doesn't have any information except the pre-filled personal information by the program and all figures are 0.  I have no rental property and no rental income at all!  I have no idea why the Statement of Real Estates Rentals Form is open and why it keeps asking me to fill in the rental property address.  The program keeps asking me fix this error.  With this error, I now cannot Netfile my taxes.

Please help!!

MN2021
Returning Member

Went to Forms Lookup, typed in T776, but there is no asterisk (*) next to any of the T776 forms.  I have no rental properties addresses to enter as there is no rental income and I have no rental property.  This form only has the prefilled name, address, fiscal period and industry code (in blue).  Only the SIN is in black color. 

Please advise how I can Netfile my taxes as I don't know how to fix this ERROR which came out from no where. 

Thank you!

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.