Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonnie-k

How do you access your Turbo Tax when it won't accept your activation code?

Gives me an error message that "something is not right".
5 Replies

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

RichardBW

You have got to be kidding me.  The code for CD/Download will not work with the online version??????  It does not warn you on the box that I bought from Costco that it won't work.  All my previous tax returns have been completed with the online version, this is unbelievable.  What a waste of my time and money.  

Juliac

hello,

I purchased Turbotax Deluxe Online Edition at Costco in Toronto. I just opened the package and get the activation code from the box. I entered the code exactly following the instruction to activate. But I was told that 'Something's not right, try re-entering your code.' I tried two more times and got the same result. Can you please assist me for activation. 

Thank you very much!

@Juliac 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Juliac

I will. Thank you.