Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiltz-1

I purchased the deluxe online edition which should be for 8 returns. I did 2 but could not do a 3rd. The phone call return was not helpful. What is the problem?

I then had to pay to use turbotax to file the third.
11 Replies

I purchased the deluxe online edition which should be for 8 returns. I did 2 but could not do a 3rd. The phone call return was not helpful. What is the problem?

Did you use this link to activate your Online software: turbotax.ca/activate? When you enter your code please make sure to enter the hyphens.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

hiltz-1

yes I used the code. 

Please try entering the code in the coupon code box in the payment section of your return.

hiltz-1

It is too late for me to try again. I did the third return and paid for it. I would simply like a refund for this as I was unable to do more than two, given it said I could do up to eight. Thanks.

If you bought TurboTax from a 3rd party retailer, please use the form on this FAQ to request a refund: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

hiltz-1

I didn't buy from a third party. I paid online doing the third return.

I didn't buy from a third party. I paid online when I did the third return. 

You can't purchase TurboTax Online 8 returns directly from TurboTax. We sell TurboTax Online 1 return. Unless you purchased TurboTax Online 8 returns from  a retailers which has 8 returns included.  

hiltz-1

I will try one more time to explain my situation. I purchased the deluxe online edition ( 8 returns ) at the local Staples store. I completed 2 returns and was unable to do a 3rd. It would not accept the activation code. I decided to do it anyway, and paid Turbotax $21 plus tax when I did (Order Number TTWND267221760 ). It was in my son's name. I feel it is only fair that I be reimbursed for this, as I should have been able to do more than 2 returns with the edition I bought. Thank you. 

We understand the situation. Can you please send us a picture of the software that you purchased?