Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if cra slips are downloaded online, do i need to manually split 50% combined income for spouse

I have my own mutual fund and i have joint/combined mutual fund with my wife.

when I download T-slips from CRA website, I get all T-slips, my own and joint T-slips.

1.  Do I need to go and manually show 50% in your percentage.

2.  There are many slips automatically downloaded from CRA, how do I know which one is comined

and which on is individual.

picture002.jpg

5 Replies

if cra slips are downloaded online, do i need to manually split 50% combined income for spouse

Yes, if it's a joint account, then you'll need to go into the slip and enter the split.

To figure out which slip is which, you'll have to compare it with the copy of the slip that you got from the issuer.

Thanks.  One more question.  Do I show 50 percent also on my wifes T Slip in addition to mine. 

Yes you will need to include 50% on your spouse's return if you received only one combined information slip for the two of you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks Admin.  Just want to be clear, If I get combined slip, I need to enter 50% on both, mine and my wife's account.  is this correct.

K

Yes, this is correct.