Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsoc

income summary incorrect

TurboTax downloaded my T4s and T4as and entered them but when I look at my income summary my T4As aren't included so my self employed income doesn't get included in the total. How do I get it to add both? Do i reenter the T4A showing the self employment income again?

7 Replies

income summary incorrect

If you have self-employment income you will need to fill out the self-employment section. If your T4As have self-employment income on them, then a business will automatically be created for those T4As.

sfarkas11
Returning Member

income summary incorrect

I dont understand the reply. My t4a's, all t slips manually input, did NOT automatically roll over into the 'worksheet' portion of 'self-employed income', so I manually added it in. Then after all the deductions and I observe the 'business summary' the t4a shows up in the summary, so I actually have that amount in their twice (the net income portion) AND the roll over from the t4a. Should I remove the t4a value from the worksheet and only account for revenue that was NOT part of the t4a?

income summary incorrect

You will to enter your T4A's as you did and then you will enter how much business income you made. You will then enter your expenses to offset the income. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

LorenzoP

income summary incorrect

I had this same issue. Was this resolved? None of my T4 or T4A income carried into the net income summary. Only my self-employment through my personal business showed there. I filed anyhow since they were recorded in the appropriate sections, and figure it will be corrected if there is a problem

income summary incorrect

Thank you for the update. We have not found an issue regarding this.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

income summary incorrect

same, can t find a resolution

income summary incorrect

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found please make sure to ask for an escalation and have an investigation done.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.