Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankD

Remove blank T776 forms

I used to have 10 rental properties, now I have 4.

The list of T776 forms is all messed up, for example:

- we still the property that has always been on the 1st form, but now that form is blank and the property details are on the 3rd form

- the forms for the properties we sold are still there, although blank

- when I click on a form for a property that has now been sold, it pre-fills it and now adds it to my list of forms

How do remove empty T776 forms and put them in order?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Remove blank T776 forms

Hi, you can use the edit / forms / Clear current form / close unused forms on the toolbar in forms view under the Turbo Tax logo.  Before doing this, please make sure you do not have any amounts on the forms for the old rental properties especially CCA if you have been claiming that over the time that you owned them. It is probably better to wait until the next year after you have sold to follow the above procedure.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Remove blank T776 forms

Hi, you can use the edit / forms / Clear current form / close unused forms on the toolbar in forms view under the Turbo Tax logo.  Before doing this, please make sure you do not have any amounts on the forms for the old rental properties especially CCA if you have been claiming that over the time that you owned them. It is probably better to wait until the next year after you have sold to follow the above procedure.

Remove blank T776 forms

Is there a way to re-number the T776 forms or are we stuck with forms 1, 3, 7 (or whatever is left after unused forms are closed)?

Remove blank T776 forms

For 2020 TorboTax Transferred T776 into my return. I have NEVER completed this in the past so I'm not sure how to Delete it. TT does not have a way to delete it only clear the form (which there was nothing in it to begin with)

Mr HF
Returning Member

Remove blank T776 forms

Issue still not resolved after following your instructions.

Taxes ready to be filed but error asking to fix adress of rental property which i never choose in the first place still persist.

I would appreciate if someone can help

Sincerely,

HF

Remove blank T776 forms

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be able to look through your return with you to figure out what is happening.

Terrytax100
Returning Member

Remove blank T776 forms

I have exactly the same problem. Please let me know if you found a solution.

jenns74

Remove blank T776 forms

I have the same problem, T776 has an error but I don't have rental income.  I have cleared the form and closed, still pops up with error and can't netfile.  I called for help and after a painful 1 hour and 15 mins she couldn't help me either ??

Remove blank T776 forms

You need to delete the form. Can you please let me know if you are using TurboTax Online or Download? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

jenns74

Remove blank T776 forms

Downloaded version, I have cleared the content of the form and I've asked it to close unused forms.  It doesn't show up on my list of forms.  When I run the review it comes up with the error for it. ???

Thanks for your help