Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jithscn

Lengthy last Name - not fitting into tax form, getting error Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Lengthy last Name - not fitting into tax form, getting error Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return. My last name is fully updated in turbo tax profile however, it is not fitting in the final tax form - when I previewed it. I am getting error in NETFILE, which says "the information sent doesn't match CRA". I am filing tax for the first time ( Tax form 2022). Please advise how to resolve this. I have paid for Turbotax delux.  

1 Reply

Lengthy last Name - not fitting into tax form, getting error Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

What is the error you are getting? In this case the problem may be that there is no existing file at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) if it is your first time filing. You may need to print your return and mail it in. To clarify this, you will need to speak to a CRA customer service representative by calling them at 1(800) 959-8281.

For additional information please see this CRA link: File your taxes online: NETFILE eligibility

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.