Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimboy
Returning Member

Lost Tax Returns for myself and family members 2020, 2019, 2018

Hi,

I have been patiently trying to locate the tax return files for myself and my family members for the last 3 years, actually it will be good to have the last 6 years, just in case CRA ask for them... unfortunately all my files cannot be provided by your database, all my files kept PDFs in my PC are all gone?

It seems so terribly confusing. Could someone help me here? I accessed my TurboTax Account yet nothing allows me to open a single return. It shows all the information or procedures that I followed but nothing came back. I really need to get copies of the individual returns federal and provincial.

Please help.

Thank you'

Jaime

also kindly copy email messages to:  [email address removed]

1 Reply

Lost Tax Returns for myself and family members 2020, 2019, 2018

If you are using TurboTax Online, this FAQ lists a few reasons you might not be able to find the returns you’re looking for: Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, then we do not save any of your data on our servers. All your tax returns would be saved on your computer only. We would not be able to recover them for you if you no longer have them.

By default, your return files (.ttxx) would be put into a TurboTax folder in your Documents folder in Windows. You would need to have the software for the tax year that return is for to be able to open the file. Once the file is open, you can select File>Save As PDF to save the return to PDF format.