Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

Hi,

I'm getting Error message on my NETFILE Quebec on my return saying that there's an error that needs fixing

It keeps on saying « You must enter the employment or commission income (TP-59-V) for which you are claiming a deduction to claim the employment expenses entered. »

I’ve have gone repeatedly and checked and re-checked if it was missing but the amount was there but it still highlights the amount seen as missing.  So I re-entered again and again the information and it still isn’t fixing.  It continues to say to fix the error. I’ve tried skipping the errors message but it won’t allow me to send my return to NETFILE Quebec.  It just doesn’t fix the error and prevents me from sending it. 

I think there is a bug in the software. This needs to be addressed quickly or else cannot NETFILE Quebec. Will have to mail it! Very frustrating.  Never had this problem before.

My Federal Netfile went through with no problem.

20 Replies

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

Please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return and restart your computer. If this doesn't clear the issue, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When the message asks if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" and hold the line. If the issue is not resolved please ask for an escalation.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

I did all the procedure by clearing the cache/cookies, signed out of return and restarted the computer.  There is definitely a bug in the software, on the Form QDED for Quebec.  It keeps on saying « You must enter the employment or commission income (TP-59-V) for which you are claiming a deduction to claim the employment expenses entered. The amount is already there and it continues to say to fix the error. I’ve tried skipping the errors message but it won’t allow me to send my return to NETFILE Quebec.  It just doesn’t fix the error and prevents me from sending it.

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

ok will try to contact them

CY-2024

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

Hello, would like to know if your problem has been solved? I got similar problem... CRA netfile went through without problem but i got error saying i am not eligible to netfile for Quebec.... nothing changed and i filed my return with turbotax for years... 

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

If your error message was that you are not eligible- did it say why? If not, please see the CRA list of reasons why you may not be eligible to NetFile your return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

I called TurboTax Support, and did a screen share of my problem. It kept on telling me NetFile Quebec errors and asking me to enter the employment income on form (TP-59-V) in order to claim the employment expense deductions.   The amount was there so I repeatedly re-typed the income but was not able to accept it cause after I said continue it asked me to fix the nettle error again.  It would not even allow me to skip the errors and all this prevented me from Netfiling Quebec, because of this form.  After a spending a long time with the support representative to try and resolve this problem, she told me to just print and mail them.  Hopefully this will be reported and fixed by the TurboTax software technicians.  I was not pleased with this problem and it needs to be fixed by TurboTax.  So the problem is NOT resolved.

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

This is not a CRA issue, the federal return was sent by Netfile with no problem at all.  This is a Netfile Quebec issue.  Some kind of bug on the Quebec TP-59-V form prevents it from Netfiling Quebec.

NETFILE QUEBEC ERRORS

I don't know if this is the case for you, but sometimes when information is entered just in the form and not in Easy Step, the problem of not recognizing certain boxes occurs.  Best to enter info in Easy Step first and then go check in the form.