Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not honouring discount code & useless customer service

I have been filing my taxes and my parents' taxes using online TurboTax since 2017 but no more!

After over 2 hours with customer service (speaking with Jaspreet then Tina) with absolutely no resolution, I will no longer use Turbotax to file my taxes and will direct my family members to use UFile instead. 

The simple issue that customer service could not resolve is honouring the 20% discount offer available through CIBC (https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/turbotax-discount.html) which anybody actually can make use of as it requires no verification that you area CIBC client (I happen to be a CIBC client).

All I got from customer service was that they "filed requests on my behalf"!!!!! The first customer service representative insisted that if I allow her to screen share then she'd be able to help me. When I declined based on the fact the offer is available online and she can simply verify by Googling and following the link on CIBC's website, the tone changed and all I got was "filing a request on my behalf"!

If Turbotax cannot honour its own discounts and their customer service is useless then they lose my business!!

41 Replies
Moussi2

Can you please confirm what product and version did you purchase from TurboTax ? Currently our record does not show any product under your username or email.  Please confirm how did you purchase the product and from which source (online, store, retailer etc...)

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I use the online version which you can access by following the link I posted in my previous post (CIBC affiliate discount offer), click file now, then choose Self Employed ($48 instead of $60). I completed my tax return until the secure checkout page where I need to pay by providing my credit card info but the price shown is not $48. I did not pay or provide my credit card info at this point.

All this has been explained at length to 2 customer service represntatives over the phone yesterday in 2 conversations that spanned over 140 minutes! I was also promised to have a supervisor contact me by phone which did not happen.

I have created a callback and indicated what you said.

Thank you for your patience.

I wonder how long it will take to receive a callback. It's been almost 3 days since I first contacted customer service!

You should receive your call back by end of day on Thursday. 

Thank you for your patience. 

I have the exact same issue. I have been using the turbo tax deluxe product for years with my CIBC 20% off discount. I finished filing and at payment , it charges the usual price of 21 CAD instead of 16.80.  I tried many times, clearing cookies etc. 

Here is the URL https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/turbotax-discount.html

IT DOESNT APPLY THE DISCOUNT.

I called customer service and they told me to call my bank??? 

I also have a 15% discount with AEROPLAN and that DOESNT WORK EITHER.

https://aeroplan.rewardops.com/en-CA/affiliate-details/turbo_tax_canada?

Its now been 1 hour trying to figure this out.

Can @Moussi2  and the admin team help to  honor their discounts please and thanks.

Let me know.

Please note that the discount is from TurboTax affiliates- not directly from TurboTax.  I have sent you a private message.

I'm having the same issue. RBC members are offered a 'special' link to TurboTax for a 20% discount. I've completed my return and no discount applied. Please look into it. Thanks.

RBC website with offer; https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/onlinebanking/taxtime/

Please note that it is the responsibility of the affiliates to make sure their links work. 

We have sent you a private message.