Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

override line 30400

When I override line 30400 by bringing it to zero (amount for eligible dependent) Netfile does not let me send my tax return electronically. Is there any way of fixing this problem?

When couples are separated only one parent can claim the credit. The other parent must override the amount by entering zero.

1 Reply

override line 30400

If the couple is separated, then they should not be preparing their returns together. The returns should be prepared separately, and with the correct marital status selected. Then you don't have to override the eligible dependant amount. You would just claim it on one return and not the other.