Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Registration Error

We are aware of this issue and our Production Team is working on this. Meanwhile, you can skip the "Register your product" and continue and complete your return and come back at a later date to register your software. 

lcharbonneau55
Returning Member

However, am I correct in assuming that because we are unable to register our product, we will not be receiving updates as to the status of our filings?  That would be EXTREMELY annoying....

Good and I guess I'll soon find out if I'll be able to file online without registering but on each startup it is saying:

"Register online now to ensure that you have access to critical product updates and services including:

* Enabling CRA Netfile and MRQ Netfile online tax filing submission

* Updated tax forms

* Notification, identification and resolution of product issues

* Unlimited technical support

..."

RobertLB

I am sorry, but where I am working we deal with cloud environments  with lots of clients. When things like this do not get fixed within the hour (maybe hours), hell breaks loose after that, clients ask for a post mortem, what happened, why did it take so long, what are you doing for this to never happen again. Failure to properly communicate results in lost faith in the ability of the company to keep the systems up, bad reputation follows and alternatives are explored, so please just fix it, this is BASIC DevOps work, I mean VERY BASIC, so this already gets me nervous, and NO I will NOT use the web version because of this.

I like the product, just do not screw it up.

lcharbonneau55
Returning Member

What i find amazing is that the subject of the email indicates that the problem is solved...!!!

yeah but i can net file with out registering

im a long time customer first time having to troubleshoot

We are aware of the issue that you can not register your product at this time. Our production team is looking at this error. Please note- that this does not prevent you from completing and filing your return. You can come back at a later date to register your software.

BRenbow67

Product Registration failed to connect to database.

Have encountered the error message 5 times. Will you advise by email when the technical problem with the database has been fixed?

You can call Tech support number  [phone number removed] and ask to register over the phone. You will get an automated operator so ask for "agent" and you will be transfer to a live agent.

However, tech support informed me that CRA netfile and MRQ Netfile will work just fine. Registration is only needed for keeping track where the product  was bought and who is using the key code of the purchased product

I should mention that if you need to contact them via phone there are steps you need to follow before getting technical support. You need to submit a request so here is the link to start this process

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Hope this help those who are seeing this post !!