Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 standard edition opens a blank screen

None of your suggestions are a solution,  this is an issue with this years application, I never had this problem in any previous years and many other customers are having the exact same issue this year.  This is an issue your developers need to fix!  Get if fixed asap or customers won't be using your software this year!

The agent doesn't help, she can not fix the issue.  Initially, I thought it is only me have this blank screen issue due to some firewall or anti-virus software, but turns out so many customers have the same issue. Turbotax has to fix it.  As "mascf" mentioned as well, we don't have any problem with the previous versions, I used TurboTax since 2015 till last year 2022.  None of them has this issue.

BTW.. my system is windows 11, I also tried different monitors 27" and 23" with different DPI settings.  No luck.

Your developers need to fix this issue ASAP!  Even your latest update does not resolve the blank screen issue, your software is completely useless this year!  When multiple customers are having the same issue it's an application issue and support has been utterly useless!!!

Screenshot 2024-02-18 164139.png

The blank screen problem is known to our product development team, but there is no “easy fix” for this as there are multiple causes and solutions. Basically, something on the user’s computer is either not allowing the activation screen to display properly, or not allowing the software to access the activation screen data from the internet. If the solutions posted above aren’t helping, we can request a call back for you from our phone support team. 

If you would like to request a refund, you can do so on this page: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

Calling your support line has not helped a single person with this issue and I have over 30 years experience working in IT!!!  This issue never occurred in any previous version and this year you completely changed the registration process, so YOUR DEVELOPERS BROKE THE APPLICATION!!!!

Your sales are going to tank this year thanks to this major bug!!!

There is literally NOTHING on my NEW computer that would be causing this issue, I even disabled the anti virus software as well as giving the application a full exemption and trying all of the compatibility options!  Your developers need to figure this out ASAP!

@mascf We have not significantly changed the registration process this year. Unfortunately, a small number of users have the blank screen problem every year.

There is an FAQ from TurboTax USA about a similar issue that they have in their version of the software. While some of it doesn't apply to the Canadian version, you might find something that is helpful to you. You can find it here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/display-preferences/troubleshoot-blank-s...

You have significantly changed the registration process when you used to be able to register it offline!  The issue with your registration system is that it doesn't support IPv6.  This is what's preventing connections!!!

It has nothing to do with compatibility settings.  Disabling IPv6 on the NIC allows the connection.  You should fix your back end!!!

We appreciate your feedback and have sent this request to our engineers.

Same issue , blank screen when trying to register the program.   I have purchased Turbotax for years and have never had an issue - when will this be fixed

Are you using Windows 11?