Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 standard edition opens a blank screen

I have the same issue. WIN11 Home. This all started when i changed my hard drive. BTW my 2022 now is asking for a key but at least it was displaying the screen. When i initially installed TurboTax Standard 2023 all went fine, got registration screen. But now i get the famous white screen. Nothing works. VPN on or off. IPV6 disabled. AV off.  Ran as Admin.  I did a reinstall. i did an uninstall. Nothing has resolved this. Tried changing screen resolution down as in previous years.

@marmour07 You can also just try moving your mouse pointer around in the white box. You might be able to find the spot where the licence goes and enter it that way.

Tried that as well before. No go. No fields seem to be clickable. Unless the certificate server is down? Theres got to be another way to register it. It finds the update server just fine.

Which browser are  you using? You made sure that you are running as administrator? 

There is no browser its a blank white screen that the Turbotax program brings up which apparently is the keycode screen. And  yes it was running as Admin. This is not the online version this is the TurboTax Standard installed app on my PC

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks. I did that. She was great. Eventually she had me do a manual activation through some special links. It is back working again. Just a note to everyone if you change any HW on your PC you will have to re-enter your activation code. In my case I got a blank screen which is where the code would have been entered.  If that happens you will have to call them to walk you through it.

Found the fix for me. I disabled my ethernet card and let the pc use bluetooth and it worked fine with that. That would likely mean that the Killer settings that windows 11 uses is messing up the registration screen. conversely you could likely open your task manager and end task on anything that says Killer and it will also likely work then. As soon as you reboot the pc the Killer settings will be put in place again automatically. I also found that disabling the 2 killer entries in my task manager sped up my youtube and facebook uploads drastically. cnt-alt-del to open task manager and see if Killer comes up in the list of tasks running.....I believe that is the culprit

I disagree with your solution, I only had to disable IPv6 on the NIC.  I if you disable your entire ethernet adapter how are you registering online?  Bluetooth is is not a network device and has no ability to connect to the Internet.

@shawn2023can I'm glad you got it working. Thank you for letting us know!

@mascf They are probably connecting to the internet using their phone or other mobile device and Bluetooth Tethering.