Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation code

Why is it that when I enter activation code I always get an error? No matter how many times I enter it. This is unbelievable, it's keep saying "something is not right". The only thing not right is the Intuit system. What a waste of time! Have better things to do than write about errors in your system.

9 Replies

activation code

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. In order to help you with this, we will need more information.  Please contact us on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for your patience.

activation code

Hi,

The only solution as per Costco was to buy a new program for 2020 taxes and return the one that I bought which could not be activated due to activation code from Costco or Intuit being wrong. Therefore I bought a new one on the Internet from Costco and will return the non working copy for a refund next time I go to Costco.

Thanks

Gerry Coulombe

activation code

Thanks.  I'll try that.  What an enormous waste of time!  I am FURIOUS!

testtesttest1234
Returning Member

activation code

Turbo Tax decided to sell activation codes thru Costco which do not work ☹️ ( Costco sells the this  online product code with the same price as the one with CD- shame) . I've already exchanged 2 packages. I am getting the same error. I called TurboTax and I got a junior girl who had no idea what to do. Now I am stuck.🙄

Waste of money and time. I wonder why Turbo Tax created these unnecessary issues for us?

Isn't it enough that we get overtaxed by CRA we also  have to pay for a source that does not work? 

activation code

I ended up returning mine to Costco for a full refund and then going online on TurboTax's own website and buying the download version.  I won't buy Turbotax from Costco ever again.

paris4259
Returning Member

activation code

I bought my turbotax cd at staples the only code I see is the licence code. i do not see any other code for activation. the code that came with it is not working.

activation code

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2021 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

ellis2

activation code

Can't find my activation code

activation code

If you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.