Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Workers Benefit - Error

@jwu565 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Hi,

Unfortunately, after a couple attempts with TurboTax online staff and even a go with CRA (on Turbotax's recommendation), I still have not had this issue resolved.

I am stumped and upset.  I don't want to file my claim this way but there seems to be no way to bypass it at this time?!  

It is a downloaded version.

Moussi2

When you enter eligible income on your tax return, TurboTax will automatically claim the Canada Workers Benefit for you. If you later enter information that makes you ineligible, or choose not to claim the credit, the Canada Workers Benefit is removed from your return.

If you don’t want to claim the Canada Workers Benefit, you can say no to the credit. To do this in TurboTax use the “Find” tool :magnifying_glass_tilted_left: to search for “can”. Select “Canada Workers Benefit” and then click the “Go” button.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness here, but if you read through the thread you will see that all the 'regular' tips & tricks aren't working.  There is no option to simply choose "no" and the software is actively changing my manually selected answers if I go through the backdoors that I have been shown by Turbotax's own support team online.

I have tried this method as well as changing my schedule 6 in Forms, deleting the entire form, even staring my entire return from scratch twice.

Unfortunately, you may have to file this way while our team investigates this and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will automatically disallow the claim when assessing your return. 

I had to switch from the Turbo Tax CD version to the online filing and avoid selecting that option. Nothing I did helped it. The programs are not connected between CD and online.

I feel your pain. Unfortunately had to switch from the CD to the online version and avoid the button. Nothing I did resolved it, no matter how many things we tried.  You will unfortunately have to change to the CD version and re-input all  your data and avoid that option like the plague.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

sharondbm

Yes - I had this exact same issue!!! Decreased our return by $2000. And then The CWB option disappears on the side bar and it doesn't come up when I search for it, either. I could also not change it in Forms. And now to file online is going to cost an additional $52. So frustrating. Absolute BS, TurboTax.