Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering a Mailing Address, an entry in the RR box of "3" or "#3" is not accepted. How do I enter RR 3?

3 Replies

Entering a Mailing Address, an entry in the RR box of "3" or "#3" is not accepted. How do I enter RR 3?

The Canada Revenue Agency considers certain common characters invalid. To address this issue in your TurboTax return, remove any invalid characters from your address, province, Care of line or postal code, and then resubmit your return through the NETFILE service in TurboTax. Here, included below, is a TurboTax FAQ link indicating these invalid characters.

Error message: Invalid characters

Here is an address, tested in the Online and CD/Download versions of TurboTax, to confirm that including your address in this way will be accepted. It may not be in the same order as usual but all the information is included and will be recognized by the CRA. Please see the screenshots below for an example.

The RR box must be entered as "RR 3" not just the number. 

Thanks

That is correct- you must make sure you enter the "RR before the number"