Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection unable to connect to server for license activation

I tried the solutions but it still wont properly activate.

It must have activated because I have opened the software once or twice. But mostly it keeps asking for the license code over and over and I get this screen.tt20.jpg

5 Replies

In order to help you with this situation, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue.

To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Thank you for your patience. 

Well I found a solution to my problem (when TT2020 continually ask for license code and program does not open).

I disabled my internet connection ,go offline.

Open TT2020 ,it will ask to connect to update,click no.

And WOW I got the program to open, four times in a row. A first.

Thank you for the update. Happy to see you on your way to filing your taxes. 

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Just a follow up.

Yes, you can open TT2020 in offline mode and do your taxes. But when its time to netfile it doesn't recognize TT2020 standard as being authorized, hense it wants you to buy returns at $19.99 each.

But, I did see on this forum that someone used their phone as a hotspot and then connect to the internet through your phone. I tried this , TT2020 opened as it should. It showed that I had 8 returns remaining. Everything worked as it should, finally.

Thank you for this reply.  This was exactly what I was facing.

I could see that TT2020 was registered online, as the window flashed up, but something then crashed the application on every subsequent opening.  TT customer support is so very lacking, both in listening to the problem, and actually fixing it - SO MANY WEEKS LATER!

I hate that I have done untold damage to my machine stripping it down, running without anti-virus, VPN, or behind the router, etc.  So much ignorance on the part of the Intuit programming team - makes you wonder if they are involved with organized crime, as the number of customers who have opened their doors to trojans and other malware is HUGE. 

So it was a real surprise when I saw it was something as simple as using a hotspot instead of wasted HOURS in windows forums. 

Thanks again for posting this, and Intuit still has likely lost me as a future customer, and the three young families (my kids) that will likely never come back to them because they will follow where I go if I am to help them do their taxes as consolidated packages (transfers etc.).  At the very least customer support should be fired for not pinning every one of these solutions at the top of active threads!