Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunstar

Remove Assist & Review option

I am trying to remove the Assist & Review program option from Returns before I file and pay and cannot find where to do so.   This set up was an error on my part.   Please advise.

11 Replies

You are unable to remove the Assist & Review option from your return if you added it in error and did not use the service. You can choose to start your tax returns over and be sure you do not add any extra features such as this one.

sjww

When I select the "Start a New Return" option, the Assist and Review appears beside it. How do you start a new return without that feature?

This is a really shady feature of turbotax. They got me with this last year as well. Ask you at the start then you get to the end and realize you don't need it but cannot remove it without redoing all of your taxes again. This is EXTREMELY dishonest and speaks to the integrity of this company. It should be illegal and drawn to the attention of the better business bureau of Canada, MarketWatch and any other watchdog. At the very least the public should be made aware of this. Not putting this disclaimer when it is selected verifies this is an intentional money grab.   

I have never added Assist & Review and yet for 2023 Return it is plastered on the opening page.  My taxes are so simple TT help is unnecessary!

How do I get rid of this blatant advertising reminder?  I've bought TT every year since 2014 and suddenly this Assist nonsense is in my face every time I open my 2023 return.

@louroberts Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the advertising from the software. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Kim you response is unacceptable!  IF Turbo Tax doesn't do something to get rid of this A&R stuff on every page of my Turbo Tax program I will NOT be using your services next year!  I've been happy since 2014 but this is the end for me.

Then you have lost me as a customer starting with my 2024 Tax Return.

How can you shove advertising down our throats when we BUY the use of this software?  IF you were providing a FREE service I would accept the A&R stuff but now when I've paid you.

This never happened in all the prior years I've used TT.

Susan I doubt Turbo Tax cares if we get angry BUT I don't accept that nothing can be done!

Turbo Tax can tweak the program and put through an UPDATE to remove this Assist & Review nonsense.

@louroberts In your case, you may not need Assist & Review or Audit Defence or any other upgrade, but other customers may decide that they need them after seeing the ads. 

I have passed on your comments to our product development team.

Thank you for your input.