Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TuboTax standard for desktop will not run on Windows 11

I have downloaded and installed Tubotax Standard Addition for desktop.  When it tries to open the app I get the message that it is checking for updates then it just quits.  I have  changed the properties to run as administrator and it still does not work.  All windows updates have been applied.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax support helped me solve this issue.  The Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.29.30135 package needed to be installed.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

TurboTax support helped me solve this issue.  The Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.29.30135 package needed to be installed.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you sharing this information.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

penguins-

do you have link for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.29.30135 package ? Turbotax is not user friendly..and should have been developed to work with IE 11

Sure. The Turbotax support person had me install Turbotax 2021 which identified the missing redistributable and downloaded it so I did it that way, but anyone should be able to download that specific distributable from Microsoft’s Content Developer Network at https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/14.29.30135/VC_Redist.x86.exe

I did my taxes for the last 5 years on this computer.  Why cannot this year

It is the same computer I have used every year.  I dont understand why my licence code is not accepted.

Will turbotax standard for desktop run on Window 12

@Margaret Ladouceur 

Windows 12 has not been publicly released by Microsoft yet, so we are unable to guarantee that TurboTax products will work on that operating system. 

However, TurboTax CD/Download will work on Windows 10 & Windows 11.