Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax Download vs Online User Interface

My dad is very old and he is used to the user interface of TurboTax download over the past 10 years.  He is unable to learn the new user interface in TurboTax Online.  So I am going to buy him the TurboTax 2020 Basic Download version. However, I want to make sure one thing. Since there is a change in the activation process of this product this year in 2021.  Is the user interface of the TurboTax 2020 Basic Download remain the same as  TurboTax Basic Download of previous years?  If they are not the same , then it is not helping my dad. 

Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The user interface of TurboTax Basic CD/Download is pretty much the same as it has been in previous years. The only major differences are that you can no longer activate the software by phone, and Windows 7 is no longer supported. If your father has Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, and has an internet connection for the activation, then he should be OK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The user interface of TurboTax Basic CD/Download is pretty much the same as it has been in previous years. The only major differences are that you can no longer activate the software by phone, and Windows 7 is no longer supported. If your father has Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, and has an internet connection for the activation, then he should be OK.

Thank you!

You are very welcome.

Thank you for using TurboTax.