Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to search a specific line number in turbo tax. The CRA told me the line number to enter my claim. How do I do that on Turbo tax

16 Replies

Want to search a specific line number in turbo tax. The CRA told me the line number to enter my claim. How do I do that on Turbo tax

Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download? Which line number are you looking for?

I am using Turbo Tax on line.  I tried searching line line number in the help button, but it did not work. 

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. In order to help you with this, we will need more information.  Please contact us on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for using TurboTax.

rodnolan

Really? Contact us on social media?!? So how, may I ask, is a person with the same question supposed to follow this conversation and find the answer they're looking for?

@rodnolan The thread that you are responding to is from early 2021, so the answer might not even be the same at this point.

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? What line number are you looking for?

rodnolan

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Either way, I'll never know. My point is that moving a conversation from one forum to another represents a dead end for users who are trying to find answers to frustrating questions. It's probably not your fault that the company has decided to adopt this approach but the "community" is a lot less useful because of it.

rodnolan

From the notes on the back of the T4:

77 - Workers' compensation benefits repaid to the employer - Enter on line 22900

I'd just like to have a way to find line 22900 and enter the value. I'm using TurboTax Online.

Thanks,

Rod

When using TurboTax Online, there is no forms mode where you can directly enter an amount in a specific form on a line number. However, if you can advise us what you are trying to enter and/or the line numbers we can assist you and let  you know where to enter the amount in TurboTax Online- so that it goes to the specific line number.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

rodnolan

I'm trying to enter a value for line 22900. Also, just wondering if I should consider using the download version in the future? It seems that maybe the online version is limited in some ways. Is there a comparison matrix that illustrates the differences between the two versions?