Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisleg1

Refund Processing Fee - Reduction of Refund

I have been using Turbotax for many years and never had an issue with my refund amount.  This year I was charged a refund processing fee and in addition to that, my final refund amount was even lower after this fee had already been deducted.  This is not an acceptable practice and makes me wonder whether I should use turbo tax in the future.  I was not aware that my refund was being processed by some other outside vendor and this has never occurred in all my years of using Turbotax.  Why did this occur this  year??  How can I get my full refund 

5 Replies

Can you please clarify if you chose to get a TurboTax Cash powered by Neo financial refund advance loan? If yes, they will only give 80% of your refund and a max of $1000.00. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

chrisleg1

I did not apply for any loan. Just submitted my tax return and expected a full refun

Did you owe the government any money? If yes, they could have taken that amount from you. Please contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 so that they can verify. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

chrisleg1

I got a refund from the IRS - so this questions is not relevant to my concerns

@chrisleg1 This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.