Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4A page shows amount in box 48, but on Professional Fees page it shows as $0.00

I'm self employed, with income from various sources. I have one client this year who gave me a T4A for my services. I did the automatic download of forms from CRA, and the amount from this organization was auto-filled correctly into the T4A page of Turbotax in Box 48, just like the paper copy I had received from my client. However, now I'm on the Professional Fees page, and under the Amount field it shows this: Self-employment commissions from T4A slips - boxes 48 or 105 $0.00. 

If I navigate back to the T4A Summary page, the correct amount still shows there. So I'm confused. Do I have to manually add that amount along with the other amounts I received? If so, what's the point of the T4A? In other words, lets say the T4A amount was $3000, but I also have self-employment income of $20000 from other sources. I would think I should only have to manually enter $20000 in the Amount field on the Prof Fees page.. But now I'm wondering. if I have to enter $23000 in that field. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

T4A page shows amount in box 48, but on Professional Fees page it shows as $0.00

Solved! (By myself.) Discovered that you also have to make a selection from the "Source of Box 48" drop-down field which is just to the right of Box 48 itself. Otherwise, it doesn't actually get included in your self-employment income.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The amount may have gone to into  a different business form. Check the summary to see if this is the case.

Thanks, but nope. The summary just shows the amount I manually entered in the Amount field under Professional Fees. The T4A amount is missing. 

Please try deleting the T4A and re-entering it manually.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Solved! (By myself.) Discovered that you also have to make a selection from the "Source of Box 48" drop-down field which is just to the right of Box 48 itself. Otherwise, it doesn't actually get included in your self-employment income.

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.