Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maa3
Level 2

The software is not saving my data

I'd already completed part of my return, and now that I've entered new data, it shows as being entered but is not saving ... I've cleared my cache. I don't know what else to do
17 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

maa3
Level 2

We are aware of the issue and our TurboTax team is working on it as we speak. We will update you asap.

Thank you for your patience.

maa3
Level 2

has the issue been resolved? Under home office expenses, the data is showing as saved but my overall return is not updating.

Please go through your return step by step and it all should be there now. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

maa3
Level 2

There's a glitch in the software. I've entered home office expenses and vehicle expenses, and they're not being written off my the software. Although Turbo tax is showing that I've entered the data, it's also showing "not started" for both of these categories. I guess I need to start my return over, which is a huge waste of time. I can't trust the info at this point and it doesn't seem to be resolving itself.

@maa3 Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. You can also try deleting the expenses (use the trash can) and then re-add them.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

canadahigh
Returning Member

I can confirm this bug as well. I have cleared the cache, deleted and re-entered the Home Office Expenses, Saved , and still says "Not Started" . I've been using TurboTax for over a Decade, if I have to do a manual tax return because you can't fix this issue then I'm never coming back. There's nothing your tech support can tell me to do that you shouldn't be able to add to the support docs here, online  . Not calling in for an issue that should be fixed.

canadahigh
Returning Member

I'm also using Online and switched to a completely different Browser and Home Office Expenses are NOT SAVING. They are being indicated as 'Amount to carry forward' but not where they should be 'Total claimable for 2023' 

Total claimable for 2023 persistently indicates Not Started regardless of if I :
- Clear cache and then re-enter the Home Office expenses all the way to Saving them
- Clear all values for Home Office Expenses , then Delete Home Office Expense as an expense category , then restart the entire process  all the way to Saving them
- Do the entire series of troubleshooting above on THREE DIFFERENT BROWSERS. 

I nearly submitted my tax return and would have received a refund with a deficit of about $25,000+ than what was expected  because TBH after a decade of using TurboTax   I just  would never haver expected TurboTax to so royally screw something like this up and have never felt a reason to be dubious about TurboTax's computational accuracy , until today. This is not a user problem, don't make your customers suffer through having to call a support line, escalate this immediately to your Director of Engineering . They should be working over the weekend to fix a bug as ludicrous as this during tax time (VP level 20+ years software development here).