Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax 2023 Canada installation issue

When installing Turbo Tax 2023 Canada Standard, I can't get to the 'Enter Licence Code' window.  I got to the point of clicking on the 'Launch Turbo Tax' button following the software install  but then I get a  a white box with a Turbo Tax 2023 header.  I tried reinstalling and got the same result the second time.  

I have used Turbo Tax for many years and haven't encountered this before.  Any assistance is appreciated.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

This has worked for some as a work around. If you right click on turbo tax and select run as Administrator: 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

And then go to Compatibility and Change High DPI Settings and select the checkbox shown below:

Capture3.JPG

Then it should work for you. 

Note: you may have to click on the blank Turbo tax screen for it to then show the enter license screen. Also you may have to select run 640 * 480 Screen resolution as well. Note you can revert back the settings once you get past the enter license screen.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Whether you are using Online or Download please clear your cache/cookies then restart your computer. 

If an issue still exists please uninstall TurboTax and reinstall it using our 2023 TurboTax Download link and choose the already purchased software using the same license code.

Thanks for the suggesttion.  I have tried this twice but with the same result - still a white box appears after I click on the 'Laauch Turbo Tax' button.  Any other thoughts?

This has worked for some as a work around. If you right click on turbo tax and select run as Administrator: 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

And then go to Compatibility and Change High DPI Settings and select the checkbox shown below:

Capture3.JPG

Then it should work for you. 

Note: you may have to click on the blank Turbo tax screen for it to then show the enter license screen. Also you may have to select run 640 * 480 Screen resolution as well. Note you can revert back the settings once you get past the enter license screen.

wag4

tried several times to download standard turbotax purchased from retailer  get to entering licence (activation) code and then keeps saying need activation code and wipes out what i put in.   this is so frustrating ,  For years have used turbo tax  but am getting to the point where I will start doing something different i dont need the hassle or stress of this.  Please tell me what needs to be done to be able to do the taxes?????????????????????

Please clear your cache/cookies and restart your computer. You may try a different browser also. Once you've done this, please uninstall TurboTax from your computer and use our 2023 TurboTax Download link. You can then choose the version you have already purchased along with the license code.

Something that may be of interest: Windows 11 Home has a built-in security called Level S. That function allows the installation and purchase of apps ONLY from Microsoft Store. TurboTax is not in that store in the US or Canada. This has been creating issues. You can opt out of Level S to be able to download all kinds of stuff. Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ