Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Tax Standard Help > Related Information Links Do Not Work

So I've noted in the help section of Turbo Tax Standard that all related links when you select them do not work.   In the example below I've requested help on T5008 entry and this comes up.   (see below)   All good so far ... pic1.png

But when I select related information (Line 12100) I assumed it would take me to the "related information"  but this is what results ... 

pic2.png

A quick test of other help topics show the same result.    None of the links appear to work.   Hmmm why?   Seems like a major deficiency but I see no other reports on this forum nor by searching the web as a whole.   So am I the only person experiencing this?  

I am using Windows 10 Home at the latest maintenance and Chrome is my default browser.  

My version is V00.01.62 Build 6012.068G24 Standard (downloaded) Edition of Turbo Tax.  

8 Replies

Thank you for your feedback- we will be sure to look into this.

If you need assistance please reach out to us In a private message on Facebook or Twitter.

Hello,  I have the Turbo Tax Premier package.  I paid $70 plus tax for this and none of the hyperlinks work.  What is the point of an expensive software that doesn't work and makes my tax process more difficult when I have to resort to google for help.  If this problem doesn't get fixed, then I will spend my money else where next tax season.

Thank you,

My

Ok so I'm not the only one.  I feel better.  I got kind of slogged off with support saying we will look into it  ... so I'm also considering  my options but unfortunately they have a monopoly 

By the way if I need assistance reach out to us by Twitter or Facebook?  What the heck is this?  I reached out here and I expect support to not fluff me off!

Yes, telling people to reach out to Twitter or Facebook for support is ridiculous.  What if the person doesn't have either account and does not wish to create one, and that is me!  That to me seems like an excuse to brush us off because they either don't want to help us or are not capable.  

I would expect smart developers to have test the software before selling them to millions...what a shame!  This is a very basic error they have made.

The reason we ask you to reach out on private chat on Facebook or Twitter is to get quicker service and if we need to ask personal questions it is quicker and easier than on here since it is a public forum. Yes, we understand that not everyone has Facebook or Twitter, and if not you can contact our phone support team.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707.

We appreciate everyone's feedback.

CBOntario

I am having the identical problem.  EVERY blue link in TurboTax, when clicked, results in "Can't reach this page" Make sure the web address //ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm# is correct... etc as in original post.

Cannot find a cure for this ill anywhere.  I have tried:

-changing DNS servers

-turning off/on firewall

-changing Internet Explorer security levels (as this help system seems to have something to do with IE?)

Anyone have a solution to this?  Rather maddening as the help in TT is extremely helpful!

@CBOntario Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be able to look at your screen to help figure out what is happening.