Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax Standard Version 2022 Won't Launch Past Logo Screen

I've spent the last two days trying to install desktop TurboTax Standard Version 2022. I've tried twice from the purchased CD and twice by downloading it from the website. Between each I uninstalled the app, deleted the program directory, cleaned the registry, cleared the cached and restarted my PC. It seems I'm able to successfully install to TurboTax but when I launch it it won't go past the logo screen so I can enter my license!
I've also checked the following: 1) Windows 11 up to date 2) All drivers up to date 3) Reinstalled Windows C++ current version. I've spoken to two Intuit support staff, one connected to my PC to assist, he ended up referring me to Microsoft. I called Microsoft and they check everything out and referred me back to Intuit. As it's very difficult for an Intuit user to find this support forum I suspect only a small percentage have been able to report this issue. I'm at my wits end, as I'm sure most users are!!! 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you don't have any online tracking software to improve your privacy such as CCleaner's Kamo installed as this will prevent TurboTax from launching. Just stopping it doesn't make a difference, you need to remove it from your PC!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

This issue is usually from the screen resolution. This is a work around for now- When you get the white box, move your cursor around. At some point around the left side in the middle, your cursor will change from an arrow to what you normally get over a dialogue box (a little hand or changed cursor).  Click here and type in the code. If you can copy paste the code in, it will prevent errors. Then move to the bottom right and your cursor will change again when you get over the “ok” button. Click on that area.  It should get you in. 

Thank you for your patience.

There is no white box. In the center of my screen is the square blue logo with the red circle checkmark and the title Intuit turbotax ... there is no turbotax indicator in my taskbar to show it's running ... when I check taskmaster it shows CPU=0%, Memory=36.8mb .... it's like the app just stops and doesn't proceed to where you enter your license number.

Unfortunately, it's a known issue being worked on at this time. We will advise you as soon as a solution or update is found.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks, sorry I spend 8 hrs trying to install it. You may want to let the support technicians know so they can tell users when they call in, this would save everyone a lot of time. Thanks

When will intuit have a fix so that I can use my TurboTax. I figured I'd try and install it on a Windows 10 PC but the exact problem happens, seems to install OK but when you launch the application it just site on the blue intro screen!!! I bought this a few weeks ago and still no resolution.

I have the same problem. I cannot register my license code. I click the blue "Activate Outside"button and it brings me to a totally blank turbotax web page. A dead end. See below. This is the very first glitch I have encountered  with Turbo Tax software (I believe) since I have started using them for 10+ years. I hope Turbo Tax tech support can solve this...otherwise I'd like a refund for my purchase at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. Turbo Tax 2022 glitch.JPGTurbo Tax 2022 glitch2.JPG   

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

If you would like a refund, please use the form on this FAQ to request one: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

Make sure you don't have any online tracking software to improve your privacy such as CCleaner's Kamo installed as this will prevent TurboTax from launching.  Just stopping it doesn't make a difference, you need to remove it from your PC!

opq
Returning Member

I just purchased TurboTax Standard 2022 (for download) and have the same problem.

I was able to activate it, then it disappeared from the screen. Task Manager shows tt2022.exe using anywhere from 10-30% CPU and nothing happens. Tried restarting and made sure Windows was up to date. Is this still a known issue as per the post from 1+ month ago above?