Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find updates for 2016 tax program?

In 2017, I bought the 2016 Turbotax program (and have the key code). I have some tax issues that I am looking into so I reinstalled the program. I had some major issues with my computer which required a complete reinstall of Windows 10 so my previous 2016 install is gone! I was able to successfully install the 2016 tax year Turbotax program however when it comes to updating the software to the latest I get a message saying that 'Turbotax was unable to download the update' and that I could go on to www.turbotax.ca/support and download the update. I looked on the site, but I cannot find the update!

I tried to load the filed tax return that I am dealing with at but received a message that it could not be loaded because it was created with a later version!

Can someone tell me where to find the update... Thanks

6 Replies

Does anyone know where I can find the 2016 update??

Did anyone ever provide a response to this post?  I have the same issue.  Trying to re-install 2016 on my laptop (after a recent harddrive failure), and can't open old files because the reinstalled 2016 version (from a disk) is out of date.  Help!

Required to open file

I would suggest to contact Intuit on the phone and then post their answer here for everyone to benefit.

Here's their contact info :

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Please try reinstalling the 2016 software using the installer found on this page: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

The installer on our site will have all the updates, while the CD version will only have whatever was available when the software was first released. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

I can not find 2016 turbotax update program, please help, thanks.