Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil85

ReFILE button

I did file with NETFILE and received my NOA 6 days ago. I need to ReFILE, but the button is not showing. I used TurboTax Online. How can I ReFILE?

5 Replies

ReFILE button

If you received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) and your confirmation number, the Refile button should be there. We believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

NOTE: For other ways to change/edit your filed return, please see our TurboTax article: How to Change Your Tax Return After You’ve Filed

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Phil85

ReFILE button

Mister Claude Fabril informed me on the customer service phone line that ReFILE is unavailable for Quebec residents and that the only solution for me to refile my federal and provincial declaration was to pay (once more) the TurboTax Deluxe 2023 package to transmit a new declaration. 

Please confirm this is correct. 

Thank you

ReFILE button

Unfortunately, Refile is not available in Québec. As seen in this link from Revenu Québec, there are other ways to CORRECTING AN ERROR OR OMISSION.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Phil85

ReFILE button

I just did as told by you colleague. I paid for an other return and tried to transmit it using NETFILE.

Guess what?  

CRA Result Code:
NETFILE submission was already confirmed. Not letting this second submission pass through. Do a REFILE.

I am livid! I just paid twice for a declaration and sincerely the mistakes was due to a lack of verification by your service.

I have used your services for the past 6-7 years and it is the last time I do so if you do not fix this issue ASAP

ReFILE button

@Phil85 

I apologize. Our phone service agent gave you incorrect information, as you can't submit a return a second time via NETFILE.

I have entered a refund request for one of your purchases. You can expect to see the refund appear on the original payment method used on the original order. Refunds are usually processed within 2-3 weeks, but processing time can vary based on your credit card company.