Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smkm02

Need to claim other employment expenses on Line 229 (repayment of salary/wages). how do I do this?

I have and overpayment I have repaid to and disability benefit of 2019 and 2020.
6 Replies
smkm02

Need to claim other employment expenses on Line 229 (repayment of salary/wages). how do I do this?

This isn't for working from home or employment expenses.  It is a letter from my insurance company  Acknowledgment with respect to my disability Benefit Plan. I have overpaid them when I received CPP payments.  They said to put on Line 22900. 

To do this in TurboTax Online, click on Find (magnifying glass) in the top right-hand corner. Type "emp" in the box, then select "Employment Expenses" from the list, and click “Go”.

On the "Employment Expenses" page, click the “Yes” button. Select “T2200”, then click “Continue”.

On the "Employment Expense Profile" page, select “Other Employment Expenses”. Answer “No” to the question “Are you eligible to claim the GST/HST rebate?

On the "Employment Expense Profile" page, enter your salary/wage repayment in the box labeled “Other expenses” (the 9th box on the page). Click “Continue” to save your changes.

This will enter your salary/wage repayment on Line 22900 - Other employment expenses.

teagan89

Hello, 

@TurboTaxSusan @TurboTaxGinette Can you confirm how to add this when I did not receive a T2200 from my employer? As per your comment, I need to make a deduction on line 22900 as there is an over-payment of salary and the option within TurboTax allows for "Flat Rate" or "Detailed".  It appears the "Detailed" method requires a T2200 signed form. 

Please advise if this is too complex of a situation for Turbo Tax to handle.

Thanks so much 

For those who have not received a T2200 form, please see our TurboTax FAQ/video: How to claim your Covid-related employment expenses in TurboTax | TurboTax Support Canada

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

teagan89

@TurboTaxGinette Hi - this is not related to Covid WFH as per my message. Can you please read my original question? Thanks 

There are many variations. Please call 1-888-829-8608 so that a phone support person can see your return and guide you.

Thank you