Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought the online version and activated the code. Now I want to start a return but I keep getting questions instead?

The software won't bring up a blank return.
3 Replies

I bought the online version and activated the code. Now I want to start a return but I keep getting questions instead?

If you are using TurboTax Online, there is no ability to directly edit the forms. You enter your information using the EasyStep Interview, and then TurboTax Online will populate the forms for you. You can see the forms by downloading/printing a copy of your return. You can also see the T1 line numbers by looking at your Detailed Tax Summary.

Please see the following TurboTax FAQs for instructions:

How can I see a detailed summary of my return in the online edition of TurboTax?

How do I print/save a copy of my return in TurboTax Online?

It is very disappointing that I can't use the forms method on the on line version which I only discovered after I bought it. Do you know if the CD version allows the forms method of input as opposed to enduring endless questions by the software?

Yes, the CD/Download version does have both abilities. You can switch between the interview method or the forms method as you wish to enter and view your information.

Thank you for using TurboTax.