Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamae

why cant i file my return

I have reviewed all my documents and i am trying to file but it keeps saying error and telling me that the information sent to the Canada Revenue Agency doesn't match the identification information currently on record, which was provided by Service Canada when your social insurance number was issued. but it does.

7 Replies

If you are sure that you entered your social insurance number & birthday correct, then there are some other possibilities as to why you are getting this error.

If this is your first time filing your return, you may be getting this error because the CRA doesn’t have your exact info. In this case you’ll need to print and file your return.

If this is NOT your first time filling a return, you may have accidentally checked off that it was. You can go back to My Info>[Your Name]’s Personal Information page and change the answer to NO. It’s near the bottom of the page and you can click Continue to save your changes.

If you immigrated to Canada during the tax year double check that your date of entry is correct. You can do this by going to My Info>[Your Name]’s change in residency. If the date seems OK, you might want to call the CRA to make sure it matches what they have on file – they may have something different. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) at 1-800-959-8281. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html

When I send by mail,  my printed paper from Turbotax as well.. other documents will be mailed together? such as T4 and charity donation (in original or copied ?)

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

When you mail your Income Tax return to CRA, attach copies of the information of income and expenses you have claimed. 

I hope this was helpful

This is my first time filing and I'm filing for 2018 and 2019.  When I try to file, I get an error message that says :

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Any advise?

If this is your first time filing a return, you will need to click on print to mail. You will not be able to use NetFile for the first time filing. Every year afterwards you will be able to if you are eligible.

Chousto19

How can I print a copy without the DUPLICATE printed on to send to the CRS

ahoyfood709
Returning Member

I haven't seen my tax return filed  when i went on the cra?

can you send my 2018 tex return please Thank you