Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I be able to file my return? I just paid and once I did, it tells me that the forms are locked and I cannot proceed. Why? When will I be able to????

8 Replies

When will I be able to file my return? I just paid and once I did, it tells me that the forms are locked and I cannot proceed. Why? When will I be able to????

We are sorry to see you are having this problem. NETFILE at the Canada Revenue Agency is not available till February 22, 2021, when the forms will also be available.

For more information please see the links below.

Key dates: Tax season 2020

Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven’t been finalized?

Thank you for your patience.

Thidwick
Returning Member

It's now March 1 and the forms are still not ready.

Any idea when they will be?

Thanks

Hockeymum
Returning Member

You are wrong Netfile opens today Feb 21st and we should be able to submit today

@Hockeymum Though the vast majority of forms are available now that NETFILE is open, some may still not be finalized. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized?

Vatansho
Returning Member

When can we expect them to become availbale? Any estimate? 

Please keep verifying our TurboTax FAQ Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? as we will keep updating this as the forms are unlocked. 

Thank you.

TrevorThera
Returning Member

IT is FEB 23 afnd I still cannot file ....!   any thoughts?

Unfortunately, if you come across locked forms or receive a message saying that forms aren’t finalized when using TurboTax, you will not be allowed to complete the filing of your return.

We understand this is an inconvenience and are working hard to finalize these forms in order to align ourselves with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requirements and include them in our updates.

Please keep verifying our TurboTax FAQ Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? as we will keep updating this as the forms are unlocked.

Thank you.