Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I did not use the expert assist and review, why is it being charged

12 Replies

You are being charged because you added it to your return. Once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features, even if you didn’t use them. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product.

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns”. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Tax Returns” from under “My Returns”, and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it.

If you have TurboTax Live Assist & Review, here is how to talk to a Tax Expert: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assi...

l6fsrud

I specifically DID NOT request the expert assist and review...and specifically said NO THANKS. Now what??

You will need to contact our customer service for assistance https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

rmaustin

I do not recall being asked to chose the product level when I started my return. I did not use the assist feature. It was only at the filing stage that the product was defaulted to "Assist & Review" and I was charged $69 each.

I think this is a deceptive and deliberately obscure business practice. After using TurboTax for many years, I will consider other products on the market for 2020.

If you purchase Assist & Review and don't use it, you are still charged. If you need additional help please contact us by private message through Facebook or Twitter.

mogglanc

I found a post that says contact by pm on Facebook or twitter for help with my request. I have accounts for neither. Is there another method, email?, to contact support 

You may need to start your return over again if you chose Assist & Review and never used it and would like to downgrade. 

You can also contact our customer service for assistance.

Thanks for the answer. Pain in the butt but will do.

Ynhappy

is it correct that you will not allow me to get rid of live assist which appeared who knows how before I even started a return,without losing the carry forward information.?  I am very  very unhappy if this is the case.