Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ar97
Returning Member

Direct sales industry code is 454300 per CRA for the T2125 C form but yet it keeps giving me an error code

When checking for updates, the program returns that there are no updates for TurboTax Download.  When using F1 for industry codes, the NAICS link provided by TurboTax is for the old 2017 version 3. Error 180002 prevents netfiling using iNAICS' ndustry codes from both 2017 V3 and 2022 V1.

Direct sales industry code is 454300 per CRA for the T2125 C form but yet it keeps giving me an error code

ar97
Returning Member

The appendix says these codes are for paper filers only. The don't work for netfile.

@TurboTaxSusan @TurboTaxGinette 

This is still not resolved. Other threads need assistance with this and IT needs to get on the download/web version issue. Please put attention towards this. 
All codes below DO NOT WORK and they are correct from the CRA website. 

Direct sales Industry codes

Electronic shopping and mail-order houses454110
Vending machine operators454210
Direct selling establishments454300

I have been reading the treads on your web site.  From what I am reading the error code, that I am getting related to using the incorrect industry code for direct selling has been an issue with Turbo Tax Software for several years.  Here is a message from several weeks ago(below).  My question is WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX the software so I and anybody else who in involved in direct selling can Net File their tax return??  It is 2023 and from what I am reading you have know about the software bug  since at least 2019.

This is still not resolved. Other threads need assistance with this and IT needs to get on the download/web version issue. Please put attention towards this. 
All codes below DO NOT WORK and they are correct from the CRA website. 

Direct sales Industry codes

Electronic shopping and mail-order houses454110
Vending machine operators454210
Direct selling establishments454300
Chris1948

This code is not working!!!  HELP!!

I have been trying for 3 weeks and on the phone for hours with turbo tax and they will not update their codes. I don’t want to print and mail, I want to e-file. TURBOTAX PLEASE CORRECT YOUR ERROR…YES I!M YELLING, CAUSE YOU WON’T LISTEN!!!

Any updates or fixes for netfile on this? I still am having the same error today trying to netfile with 454300 or 454390.....

the link you gave says right on it it is only good for paper filing so the list wont work for netfile

ar97
Returning Member

Is the problem that prevents netfiling for direct selling only with the CD and/or download version or is it also a problem with the online version?