Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Fill: Keep Getting "Access Denied (No permission to access server)" Message

When using Auto-Fill to import data into the 2020 Turbotax return, I get an Access Denied error message, saying "you don't have permission to access http://test.turbotax.intuit.ca/product/services/tdis/index.jsp?" on this server.

However, once I go into the Turbotax return itself, there appears to be some data imported into the return.

1.  What is causing the Access Denied error message?  I read that sometimes, the problem may be too many slips, e.g. over 30 T5008 slips, but I do not have that many slips.

2.  Can the data imported into the return (despite the Access Denied error message) still be used?

Thank you.

9 Replies

Auto-Fill: Keep Getting "Access Denied (No permission to access server)" Message

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser), and try again. This FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-clear-my-cache-browsing-hist...

If you are still unable to resolve this issue, please contact us by phone. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/. After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.

If you have TurboTax Live Assist & Review, here is how to talk to a Tax Expert: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assi...

Thissoftwareiscrap
Returning Member

I get the exact same error attempting to complete my mother's 2020 taxes. She only has 7 T-slips.  This is something new with TT2020 since I have used this feature for several years. The message received is

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://test.turbotax.intuit.ca/product/services/tdis/index.jsp?" on this server.

Reference #18.ee[phone number removed]889.516272bb

After 75 minutes with Intuit Tech Support,  the solution was

"Enter the data manually."

cirith125

Getting the same issue, if I have to fill stuff manually why buy TurboTax at all

It does not seem to be a browser issue as I cleared my browser and the same problem persists.  Also, when I used Auto-Fill earlier in April, it worked fine.  When additional tax slips appeared on My Account last week, I decided to use Auto-Fill again on the same return and now I am getting the Access Denied message.  It sounds like it is a TurboTax issue.  Interestingly though, the data seems to be importing from CRA's website, although it is not reassuring that I keep getting the Access Denied error message.

Thissoftwareiscrap
Returning Member

The error messae is coming from an Ituit serveer. I get the message with Pale Moon and Opera. Tech support insisted that I use Google Chrome (latest version). Same issue. Tech support wanted to see the error directly. Got sent Glance Plus. Using Chrome, still same error. Offerred to send the TurboTax log files. Tech support said they were not needed! Asked for a refund since manually entering T-slips was unacceptable. Refund granted!

Thought I would provide an update ... we tried again today to use Auto-Fill and this time, it worked with no Access Denied error message.  We did not change browsers, clear cache or anything ... so this means it is either a CRA or a TurboTax problem, but I guess we will never know for sure.  It is truly unfortunate how much valuable time has been wasted, and how much stress people have gone through, because the product does NOT work properly.   

In my case, I got to "saving your personal information," then Turbotax told me "Oops, we encountered an error," with no explanation why.

PolarMan

Same thing happening again in 2022 for the tax year 2021.

Lets get our act together or you will be losing a lot of customers!!

@PolarMan

Please contact our phone support team as they will be better able to assist you. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us