Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alandoe53
Returning Member

Why do I Get something when wrong when trying to import last years data on Turbo Tax Premium?

Turbo tax Canada 2023 Premium gives "something went Wrong Please try again" when I choose the file and enter my SIN
17 Replies

Why do I Get something when wrong when trying to import last years data on Turbo Tax Premium?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

alandoe53
Returning Member

Using Turbo Tax Online.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be able to assist you further.

alandoe53
Returning Member

I contacted the support team.  After some investigation, they said that the problem is tied in with the CRA site being down. They said I should be able to import my last years data from my computer when the CRA site/Netfile goes back online on 19Feb2024. I guess I will find out on 19Feb, meanwhile, I can't access Turbo Tax Premium online even though the packaging says it will be accessible from 15Dec2023 to 30Nov2026.

After verifying your file, please help clarify some information. Are you trying to bring the information from your already filed 2022 TurboTax Desktop/Download (TTD) Premier return to your 2023 TurboTax Online (TTO) return so you can begin to do your 2023 taxes? 

If you are trying to transfer your 2022 information from your 2022 TTD to your 2023 TTO, please clear your cache/cookies and restart your computer then follow the directions in our TurboTax FAQ How do I transfer last year’s tax info from TurboTax CD/Download to TurboTax Online? 

If you are trying to get your information slips from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) through your MyAccount then yes the CRA is doing system maintenance to get ready for the tax season and will be up and running by February 19 at 6 a.m. EST.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

alandoe53
Returning Member

I used Turbo Tax download/CD last year, but have Turbo Tax Online this year. I was trying to import my .tt22 data from last year. I keep getting "Something went wrong. Please try again" messages.

I cleared the cache/cookies on my chrome browser and rebooted the computer. I still get the same messages.

I tried using the Edge browser and I still get the same messages.

When I called support, they did a screen share with me and got the same result. They sent the information including a screen shot to another level of support. The answer that eventually came back was that it would work after 19Feb when CRA comes back online. 

alandoe53
Returning Member

I waited until February 19 for the cra website to be functional. I still get the same "Something went wrong. Please try again" message when I try to import last year's  (2022) tax information.  Last years file was joint for myself and my wife and was made on a CD/Download version of TurboTax.  When I tried to import my daughters file from last year, it seems to work.  If I skip the import and choose the option of doing taxes for myself and my wife, the program wants to charge me $40 per return (total $80) even though I have already bought the Online version of TurboTax Premier. The documentation for the Premier online version that I bought says it includes 12 returns.  It also says it optimizes spousal and dependent credits.  I don't see anywhere where it says it costs extra to do a returns with a spouse. Last year's CD/Download version didn't charge extra. Is there something wrong with the program or is TurboTax running a Scam here?

When you uploaded your daughter's file, did it say that she was in Premier?

Do you have a password on the file with you and your wife's return? Are you able to open it with TurboTax CD/Download 2022?

alandoe53
Returning Member

When I imported my daughter's 2022 file the program still displayed Intuit TurboTax Premier 2023 on the upper left.

There is no password on the file for myself and my spouse.  I can open that file in the CD/Download version of TurboTax Premier.