Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to NETFILE my 2017 return or even print it off but it won't allow me to do either. It says i did not run a review but I did a few times

22 Replies

I am trying to NETFILE my 2017 return or even print it off but it won't allow me to do either. It says i did not run a review but I did a few times

We have a known issue were users preparing returns for 2017 & 2018 are getting stuck in a loop at the review section.

We are currently working on the issue. However, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has shut down their NETFILE servers for maintenance. So, even when we fix the issue, NETFILE will not be available until February 24th, 2020. You’ll have the option to print your return on or before that date.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Shane6
Returning Member

I love that this has been an ongoing issue for months (according to posts in their own forums), and that their solution is to say "You cant really net file right now anyways" which is ignorant of the fact that there are filing options other than net file. 

What they really appear to be saying is "this is free software, feel free to try with our competitors". I would even be willing to pay if it opened the option to not waiting an indefinite amount of time for the problem to be solved. 

With no option to speak to a human, the only options are to wait or move on I guess? 

We apologize for any inconvenience.  We are aware of this issue and we are working on a fix.

ChloeL

Hey TurboTax Susan -

Thanks for the response. Is there an estimated resolution date? I am happy to simply print and mail the 2017 return. I am at over a week now (pre NetFile being down) of this issue. If not short term, I will simply request a refund and do it manually.

Thanks,

Brendan

Sorry, we haven’t gotten a fix date yet.

If you would like to request a refund, you can use this form: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

Or you can contact us by phone or social media. You can get the correct number for our phone support team by using this form: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

We are on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/intuitcanadaULC

We are on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/Intuitcanada

Please send a private/direct message if you are going to include personal information.

Not sure why this thread is marked "SOLVED"..  the bug has NOT been fixed.  

Today is February 24.. NETFILE is OPEN.. 

cnmacdon

Same. It's Feb 24 2020 and I'm trying to do mine as well and it just keeps taking me back to review. Useless that it's been an error for so long

Please offer an alternative option rather than waiting for a fix.  I just sat on the phone with support for 2 hours, with no resolution.  why is support not aware that this is an apparently common issue, and wasted both of our time trying to resolve something that can't be resolved? 

I am having the same issue. 
When will this be resolved please?
It’s a pretty urgent matter for a lot of people. 
It sounds like it’s been ongoing for a couple months.