I had my apartment unit on Airbnb for few months w...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had my apartment unit on Airbnb for few months which I furnished with TV, furniture, beddings etc, should I add CCA or expense it? I finalized airbnb in the same year.

There were condominium rules that prohibited me to carry on Airbnb so I finally decided to just let it go. 

I talked to a tax expert and she mentioned to expense it all since I concluded rental business in same year so there won't be CCA to carry on for next year.

If I have to expense it, should I just claim in Other expenses under Rental Income along with Condo Fee, Cleaning Fee etc or should I add CCA values with correct classes (like Class 8 for furniture etc, 12 for cutlery, linens, coffee maker etc) and use No assets left in class (even though some things are still in my use). 

⚠️Edit:

I've concluded all type of rentals for this unit (long term, airbnb) and is my principal residence now.

So basically.. Jan'19 - Mar'19 was on long term rental (started last year and had to evict tenant after that), and from Apr'19 to Aug'19, it was on Airbnb. I moved in Sept'19 till now.