Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stann1954

What version do I need to be able to enter T5?

9 Replies

All versions of TurboTax 2019 will support your T5 slip entries. 

If you choose to use the Online software, you can start with the Standard version, then if you feel you need more guidance with your investments, you can upgrade to Premium or purchase our Expert Review service.

Compare the different versions here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/online-comparison-chart.jsp

I entered my T5 slip and the website indicates I need to file with the premier version? Past years I have been able to file my T5 with the deluxe version?

Hi there- TurboTaxKim- are you able to provide a current answer as I believe your products have changed since 2019. What 2021 return versions support T5 entries? Thank you

mmelzz

I'm also being told I need to upgrade to submit a T5. Can you please clarify

This forum is a total joke- much like turbotax is starting to look. I just want an answer instead I get emails from this forum about all the badges I am earning as apparently I am helping people with my post. What is this - kindergarten? Turdotax would honestly be better served just to shutter this forum as that would prove just as useful and help with their brand image. 

Gemgem2

I may need to change tax software and I i telling me that my T5 entry requires me to pay 39.00. I want to use the same version as last year which did not require premium level. What am i doing wrong ?

Seeing how TurdoTax has seemingly abandoned this forum- I can answer your question Gemgem2. 

No, you are not doing anything wrong. TurdoTax has simply increased their prices that's all. 

LRBA

So you know the name of the version we need? Turbo Tax says I need to pay $39, but the Turbo Tax Deluxe is at Costco online for $30. I can’t get a straight answer on if the Deluxe does the T5?

The ability to enter a T5 slip or interest that's not on a slip is only available in TurboTax Premier Online (or higher) in 2021.

Please see these TurboTax FAQs for more information:

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Who can file for free using TurboTax?