Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWB applied incorrectly

@Leonard0108 Most full-time students are not eligible for the CWB, so the CRA likely removed it because she was not eligible.

CWB applied incorrectly

Thanks Susan. I know that now, but that's not really my point. The point is that TurboTax should have asked me all the relevant questions, including if my daughter is a full-time student at a university, and on the basis of that the program should have simply told me that she is not eligible. Instead, the software seems to have assumed that she is eligible and factored that into her expected refund. Based on the TurboTax calculations, I went ahead and called my daughter at school to tell her that she can expect a much-needed $850 refund, only to disappoint her with bad news a couple of weeks later, when a refund of only just over $100 arrived. I understand that this is all that she is entitled to, but this kind of disappointment could easily be avoided by tweaking the software to ask the right question(s) and to make more accurate determinations of entitlement, without the user necessarily having extensive knowledge of income tax laws.

cwberr

CWB applied incorrectly

Got the same error using Turbotax 2021, and the error is still there when my family prepare 2022 return.

it cause wrong CWB result for last year and this year.  not sure if Turboxtax know this issue or not.

CWB applied incorrectly

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Frangtax

CWB applied incorrectly

We had the same thing happen only worse. My daughter is a university student who had the CWB applied at the recommendation of turbotax as she is a low wage earner. This week she got emails from CRA to repay over $3000 due to that being applied to her 2020 and 2021 taxes. Not a scam as she called and spoke with them. Not sure how this can be rectified but something needs to be done!

CWB applied incorrectly

I appreciate your feedback, and definitely will be advising the appropriate team. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

CWB applied incorrectly

How do I fix this in my daughter's return? She is a full-time student which is clearly indicated yet the software will not remove the CWB. Please tell me how to override this. 

CWB applied incorrectly

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) systems would automatically remove the CWB from the return if the T2202 is clearly indicated as a full-time student. Have you been through the Review already as this should catch this discrepancy and lead you to remove it. If you have already done the Review and the CWB is still included, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

CWB applied incorrectly

This is actually a glitch in your program and needs to be addressed ASAP. 

My wife and I are not eligible for the CWB, however after going through the easy step interview it applied it anyway and reduced my refund by over $600. The resources online point to going into Schedule 6 in the forms method and selecting that we're not eligible.  When I click I am not eligible, it checks yes for my wife, and vise versa. 

There is no option to select no without it reverting my spouses form to yes, and vice versa. Please fix ASAP so I can file my taxes. 

CWB applied incorrectly

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email, say NO then say "speak to a representative" and hold the line. Ask for an escalation if the issue is not resolved.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.