Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DD0406

Easystep navigation - all steps are locked

I am unable to move around in Easystep 2022.  all the sections show a locked symbol.  I completed the profile section already and even that section is showing as locked so the only way I can jump around is to use the back button through every screen.  I tried reloading the software but it didn't help.  any suggestions?  Thanks

7 Replies

If the software is trying to upgrade because some of your information needs another version to be able to claim that amount, you may see locks until the upgrade is accepted. There may also be locked forms at the Canada Revenue Agency level. Please see the links below for more information.

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

DD0406

Thanks, but I don't think that's the problem.  I have not even reached the step to enter any tax information.  Even the personal profile steps are locked.  I enter info on one step, then when the system moves to the next step, the previous one locks.

When you start your return, the menu and Find tool are locked until you reach the Income part of the return. This is to make sure that you've answer the mandatory questions at the start of the interview, as well as the questions that let the Interview know what you will need on your return.

Hi I went all the way to the end with easy steps and I still can't skip through sections! how can I fix it as it's very difficult to go back and add additional info. 

Capture.PNG

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Phone support was unable to help. Perhaps posting the answer they provided (which was that you're out of luck and need to start your return from scratch) would be useful.

Seems like awful programming to me. Will look at other tax programs for next year.

Did you try going to forms mode to complete your personal information and then go into easy steps?