Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I talk to a Tax expert? I don't see any button to do so and I paid the 60$

Hi, 

I paid the 60$ for the "TurboTax Premium Bundle Primary 2023", so I expect to be able to talk to a Tax expert.

But I cannot find any button to have them review my tax return before sending to cRA. There are not mention about "business hours" either.

I am very confused now, did I pay for the right thing or not? I thought the 60$ include having an expert reviewing my tax return.

Please help. Super confused about the experience.

9 Replies

How can I talk to a Tax expert? I don't see any button to do so and I paid the 60$

Please verify your receipt/email for a  telephone number to contact an expert.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

The number that appears on the email is not from turbo Tax, because I just called them. and thats what they told me. Turbo Tax close at 5 PM Pacific time. 

Actually, can you confirm me the 60$ of "TurboTax Premium Bundle Primary 2023" doesnt include the review of a tax expert??

I have this conclusion because when I click on the FAQ panel, I see the "Ajouter expert conseil", so I need to pay in extra.

How can I cancel the 60$ package? this is so misleading as experience...you guys should hire a UX designer. The flow is so messed up.

Can you please confirm with us who you reached at the number on your receipt? We definitely will look into this for you.

I called to this number: 

For questions related to your IDnotify account, contact our support team at [phone number removed]

This TurboTax FAQ tells you how to submit you return for review:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assist-review...

IDnotify is a 3rd party company that provides the ID Protection service that is part of the Premium Pack (Audit Defence). You can read more about it here: https://help.turbotaxonline.ca/ty23/english/text/en/common/glossary/d_id_protection.html

I tried to follow the instruction as:

1. Open your TurboTax return.   
  2. From the menu, select Review, then Expert Review
  3. Select Schedule appointment, then Continue.
  4. The next available appointment is displayed. If necessary, select Find a different time.
  5. Fill out your contact details, then select Schedule appointment.

Step 1: Ok no problem

Step 2: I selected "Review", and it open up the dropdown list, so the page is not changing because "Review" is not a page but only a title of that section.  Now the question is in which page I can find that specific "Expert Review button"???

So I am blocked on Step 2

I called the Customer service and she told me to go before 9 AM or after 9 PM on the page of  "Occasions d'épargne fiscale/avertissements/erreurs" and I should be able to see a button for "Expert review" . But I STILL CANNOT find it, why this pay service is so difficult to find?  I logged right at 9 PM Eastern time...

Also, it's been MANY times I clicked on the FAQ panel, and I typed "Tax expert", and the result gave me a box with a title saying "Parlez à un expert en chair et en os" and I clicked on that Call to action. It leads me to another page with another button saying "Ajouter Revue-conseil" and what it gives me every time is an error message

"Une erreur s’est produite, mais nous travaillons à la corriger."

So that button is a fake button or there is a real technical issue?

Which TurboTax version are you using? Is it Free, Deluxe, Premier or Self-Employed?

Learn what the Premium Package includes by referring to this TurboTax FAQ: How do I sign up for the Premium Pack using TurboTax Online? 

Thank you, you have nailed the right question. I bought from Costco and it is a Deluxe version to fill Online.

I also just called the CS this morning, and she told me that when I am using the version bought from a retailer, there is NO WAY to add the "Tax expert help reviewing". That's why the button is not showing. And this is how the system is build, she doesn't have a valid reason.

BUT, as customer, how am I suppose to know this kind of information? I spent like 3-4 days trying to figuring out the problem. This is a terrible User experience, you guys should hire a UX designer or UX content designer. Basic 101 UX best practice is to inform or to give a feedback to your user. (I found the button via the FAQ panel, and I have access to the button but it keeps giving me an error that they are fixing it, which lead me to think that it was technical issue and it could come back...)

For TurboTax stakeholders, this is a terrible mistake. You are missing an opportunity to convert you client to get a more advance feature. Why in the world would you block or hide this "review your income with tax expert" call to action? It doesn't make sense.

We appreciate your feedback about this and we will send this over to our team to investigate.