Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netfile Error. Code 35

I am getting error code 35 from CRA Netfile when I am trying to send my tax report. I saw that some people got this error because there was no space in their postal code. My postal code was autofilled without a space by TurboTax and is probably the same as last year. I would like to know if this could be the issue. I have tried many things to correct this problem and I have only to shots left (since you can only try to send it 5 times). I am presently out of the country and I can not easily send my report by mail, so I would really want to be able to send it online. Please help!!!

16 Replies

Netfile Error. Code 35

Please try removing your address and postal code one by one and retyping it in (not copy or autofill). Then, clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return and restart your computer before trying again.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Netfile Error. Code 35

Thanks for your quick answer. Please note that I am using the web version on my Ipad. I have retyped all my address info, reset the cache/cookies history of Safari that I am using, rebooted my Ipad. Since I have only 2 tries left, I am a bit scared to try it. Could it be caused by my VPN? I am out of the country and I am using a VPN software and selected Canada as my country, could it be the issue? 

Netfile Error. Code 35

Safari is known to cause issues at times. You may wish to try Chrome instead.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Netfile Error. Code 35

I tried Chrome, turned off my VPN and did all you suggested before, and I got the same error. So now I have only one try left. I really do not know what I can do. I have been using TurboTax for years now and I never got this kind of trouble. 

Please note that I am doing a combined report with my husband and I am getting the same error when I am trying to send the report to the CRA using Netfile. So the problem is probably caused by an information that is the same for both report, but what is the problem ?

Netfile Error. Code 35

Is it just Error code 35 or Error code 35-A?

Netfile Error. Code 35

It is error code 35.

Netfile Error. Code 35

Please select My Info, then [Your Name]’s Personal information from the left side menu. Double check that ALL the information you have entered on the page is correct. 

Also, make sure that your address matches what the CRA has on file for you.

Netfile Error. Code 35

I have checked all my personal information and compared it to the information of the CRA and all is identical. 

I have tried with and without my VPN and I get the same error. 

I have tried Safari and Chrome, same error. 

I have tried with and without the Netfile code, same error. 

I really do not know what else to try, please help. 

Netfile Error. Code 35

@MooreaPQ  NETFILE is only meant to work within Canada. If you are outside of Canada, you might not be able to NETFILE, even if you use a VPN connection.