Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
se_clarke
Returning Member

Netfile error message 280010

CRA continues to reject my Netfile attempts citing " 

Code: #280010 - The first digit of the message number on the left identifies one of your financial statements.

The sum of all income lines minus the expenses claimed does not equal the net income/loss on line 9946 of this statement. Please verify all your income and expense entries. Your software should create the value for line 9946 using amounts you entered on the preceding income and expenses lines. Therefore, you may need to change the entries on the preceding lines in response to this message.

I have completed a T2125 C and a T2125B. I have reviewed both and line 9946 is correct. When beginning my return, TurboTax somehow created a second iteration of my T2125C, which I subsequently deleted. I have a feeling that;'s where the problem lies, but I have no idea how to deal with it at this point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies

Please try to log out and back into TurboTax. Make sure the updates are made then go to the "Review" section and continue. 

Returning Member

I keep getting error code 280010 from the CRA when I try to netfile and I can not figure out why. I have checked the lines as noted in the error code message.

Looking forward to your reply

Les

johnsproule
Returning Member

I also have Code #280010 when I Netfile, did you fix yours?

In my case I have

- a T5013 (never had one before)

- a small business, 50% each for me and my wife, with a terminal loss. I had to change the CCA (UCC cannot exceed income for this kind of business) but everything seems to add up. 

For more information please see our TurboTax FAQ Why do I get an error when I try to submit my return using NETFILE?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

August18
Returning Member

I am having the same difficulty with a Code #280010 and since these are all calculations  made by the Turbo Tax software, I don't know how to make a change to allow the Netfile to occur.  Form 1163 has caused me issues in the past, seeming to need several updates in regards to comodity codes.   This seems like a different situation.  Perhaps another update will remedy this?

The first digit of the message number on the left identifies one of your financial statements. The sum of all income lines minus the expenses claimed does not equal the net income/loss on line 9946 of this statement. Please verify all your income and expense entries.

If you have any forms that are opened which you don't need please make sure you close and delete them. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.