Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboxTax 2020 - Hangs After Install

I installed TurboTax Std 2020. Replied yes to 'there is an update' and after applied program restarts and hangs on splash screen. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with same result.

I also said no to update. Then get a 'server busy' msg. Tried answering 'retry' and 'switch' msg wont go away and program doesnt start

WIN10 20H2 64 bit

33 Replies

I have the same problem! After the latest update the software hangs trying to run. It will run if reinstall the original version but when i update from the server it hangs.

Same issue here but the program finally started after 30 or more minutes.

I'm having the same problem this morning after an update as well.  I haven't tried waiting the 30 minutes that some others have yet.

I have the same problem.  I bought the download of premier from Costco and it worked fine until now.  The latest update causes it to hang.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and asking it to update but it still hangs.  Looks like a bug in the update.

I suspect you are correct that the problem is the in the latest update.  I hope it gets fixed soon!

I painfully waited 30 minutes on the phone for support and found out that there was a "glitch" in the most recent update that they are working on getting it fixed. Possibly later today (Feb 1st) it will be fixed.

Not impressed they send out an update with issues without testing it first!

thanks for doing this and letting us know👍

Thanks taking the time to call in, and for sharing the results.  

They should compensate you for reducing the number of support calls 😉

Ohmsford

Thanks everybody for the follow-up, having this issue as well.  Hopefully fixed today.